It tries to visualize the truth of now, in its greatest detail, so that you can get insights of what is happening now and what just happened, on your systems and applications.
This is what you get:
- Beautiful out of the box bootstrap dashboards
- Blazingly fast and super efficient, written in C (for default installations, expect just 2% of a single core CPU usage and a few MB of RAM)
- Zero configuration - you just install it and it autodetects everything
- Zero dependencies, it is its own web server for its static web files and its web API
- Extensible, you can monitor anything you can get a metric for, using its Plugin API (anything can be a netdata plugin - from BASH to node.js)
- Embeddable, it can run anywhere a Linux kernel runs
Okay, what will it be looked like? Here you are.
Step 1 :
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential zlib1g-dev gcc make git autoconf autogen automake pkg-config
Step 2 :
git clone https://github.com/firehol/netdata.git
Please "Enter" to install.
Step 3 :
sudo nano /etc/init/netdata.conf
Make the file looks like :
Step 4 :
To start it :
sudo start netdata
To stop it :
sudo stop netdata
To restart it :
sudo restart netdata
Remark : it will start automatically on every reboot.
Step 5 :
Start browser and point it to :
* where 192.168.0.100 is the IP address of the server
That's all! See you.